Sep 7, 2007

Saigon (aka Ho chi minh city)

So the first spot I hit (have i written that before?) was Ho chi minh city (aka Saigon).

Arrived at night on my own but I had planned on meeting Conrad and co here so I had a backup. First I decided to grab some dinner and walking down the street I actually bumped into them. I spent the night sleeping on their floor (ended up sleeping here for 3 nights) and so my vietnam adventure was ready to begin. It was also my first night's experience of beer hoi (see later entry).

Conrad...

Dave...

Lexi...


The actual city here so far reminds me heaps of Bangkok... lots of cars and tourists etc. It is also over run with motorbikes. Think beehive mixed with an ants nest. There's about 5 million motorbikes in Saigon alone! The rest of Vietnam? Crazy!

No comments: