Sep 7, 2007

Happy times at the beach

Not sure how it started. Probably another drunk idea gone wrong. Somewhere along the way we decided to join with some english guys and play a game of pool and have a happy shake at every bar along Serendipity beach - that's about 20 of them. Our kiwi friends had had 3 a few nights before and told us it was way too much and that they were gone for days and had freaked out horribly. But naturally we ignored this sound advice and headed off into the night.

Happy shakes are fruit shakes blended with weed by the way.


First bar we play some pool and somehow end up having two shakes. They tasted really nice though. We were using our own weed too as the english guys were heading to Vietnam and so had to get rid of theirs.

Afterwards, walking to the next bar, Jo and I are already feeling it. The first one hit us and I was in a nice place. The world was mellow, the sea beautiful, sun going down, nice walk, good friends and I was happily away with it all.

Then the second one kicked in and I was pretty gone. All of us were. We play some more pool (using our feet and our partners ears for stability etc and making fools of ourselves I'm sure) and then went for another shake. Bad idea. One once again quickly became two and we then moved on to the next bar. I was also given the weed for the last shake and told to put it into five shakes - it was a load. I messed up and it ended up in two; three of us shared them.

When they all hit we were not good. People were actually coming up to us in the bar and asking if we were ok; offering us water. Not sure how we looked or what was making them ask either. Another 20 minutes and I couldn't even communicate. Couldn't understand people or get any words out. Then a friend came and gave me a hug and told me the next day that I just freaked out.

I grabbed Jo and told him I needed to go. He agreed and we headed home to watch a movie. We put on Indiana Jones (The last chronicle) but the show was so trippy it made me feel ill and so I chugged water until I threw up. Jo just lay there looking like death with a frown.

A dog also ate my vomit and was stoned for the next two days while the owners tried desperately to work out what was wrong with him. I felt terrible about it but at the same time, whenever I looked at him I'd just start laughing as I knew he was fine; just stoned!

I still felt bad after being sick that night and had moved outside. Some girls we'd met walked past and said hello but all I could do was stare. I then went and checked on Jo and he looked bad. Curled up in a foetal position, shivering and making no sense at all. I checked on him a couple more times in the next hour then had to go to bed, leaving him in the movie room.

Next morning I felt pretty good but Jo was gone for days.

One shake is ok. Two is good. Three is bad and four is just madness. Haven't had them since.

No comments: