Sep 7, 2007

Motorbike crash

Cruising home later that night, I total my motorbike. Like it's a write-off. I did a full 360 flip going around a corner when i hit some sand. - Why do I always forget to take photos of the good stuff?!

I had taken this corner and looked down to change down a gear as it wasn't working (the bikes were playing up heaps) and when i looked back up i was heading straight for a gutter and realised I needed to turn left, fast!

I went to do so, hit some sand and my bike jumped hard right instead, threw me into a metre deep gutter, did a full flip itself and then somehow we ended up together back on the road.
The gutter (taken out a bus window the next day)...


I was pretty good health wise - just heaps of grazes all over my body and face but the bike was pretty ruined. Leaking oil, pieces lying on the road etc. Had to hire a truck to take it back but I'm all good and i just paid off the owner so it's all good if a little crazy.


Just a few grazes...


Things looking scaby...


But we're now in Nga trang (Vietnam's premier dive spot) and i can't swim as it hurts like buggery!

Oh well. Life goes on.

No comments: